Saturday, July 25, 2009

Halley's Sweet 16

Our favorite (paid) babysitter turned 16 this past week & her parents threw her a really nice cookout to celebrate. This is her card that I would like to classify as "shabby chic". A sock monkey is not something that I would typically give a teenager but here's why Halley got this funky monkey, her socks NEVER match EVER because that's how she likes it. One day she will be wearing a print on one foot & a solid on the other or a striped toe sock on one foot & a footie with a pom-pom on the other so you can see that this particular sock monkey was meant just for her.

Not pictured but also included in her gifts were 10 scrapbook pages for the scrapbook I made her at Christmas last year. This is an ongoing gift that she requested & seems to truly appreciate every page I give her. It's so much easier to scrapbook for someone else because I'm not so picky & just throw something together & it always comes out nice.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Cute sock monkey! If I had more time, I would love to learn to make them, one day I will make the time! Good job on that! The card's cute, too. I definitely wouldn't say 'shabby chic' as that involves many layers, textures, and feminine touches roughed up a bit. But, I like it, and the pink and black is a perfect combo! It's great to see what you are making!